Thursday 7 March 2013

NOTD - 17 Supreme Shine in Mink

in recent months, since discovering the joys of fragrance direct, I've been painting my nails mostly with OPI polishes. OPI's Bond collection reinvigorated in me a love of nail polish which had waned somewhat in recent years and I've been enjoying the resurgence. since September 2012 my polish collection has grown from around 45 to 70 and counting, a fact which frustrates my fiancé to no end: "surely you have all the colours now! you'll never wear all those!" etc etc. Ha ha ha, how little he knows.

anyway, the point is that I have been so busy playing with my exciting new collection that I've been neglecting the ones I already owned, and the other night I decided to tidy my polish case and see if there were any interesting ones lurking around.

I rediscovered some old favourites, including a few from the 17 Supreme Shine range which I am very fond of. I decided to go with Mink, which is a lovely warm mocha creme colour and would make a gorgeous nude on a skin tone darker than mine. The formula is great, opaque in two coats, and the supreme shine polishes have a lovely wide, curved brush that's actually reminds me a little of the Sally Hansen Complete Salon range brushes and makes application super easy.

These swatches are with two coats over 17 Strengthening Base Coat followed by one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. Accent nail on third finger is 1 coat of OPI's The Living Daylights, badly smudged due to my own impatience and no fault of the actual polish.

Tools of the trade


OPI The Living Daylights over 17 Supreme Shine Mink


OPI The Living Daylights over 17 Supreme Shine Mink
(apologies for the photo quality - nail polish photography isn't exactly my forté)

This polish does live up to its name with a really nice high-shine finish, though obviously as I am wearing it with a top coat you can't really tell from the swatches. It also boasts 'up to 10 day wear'. I've never kept the same nail colour on for 10 days in my life so I can't confirm or deny that, however I have found it so far to be standing up to my somewhat enthusiastic typing, which is the downfall of most nail polishes - but again, the top coat kind of skews the result there.

I have a 4 or 5 of the 17 Supreme Shine nail polishes in my collection, and have always found them easy to apply with a good formula and a bargainous price of £3.99, so if you're in the market for an affordable nail colour would definitely recommend you take a gander at the 17 (now styled as SEVENTEEN, I believe) stand in Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment